Thursday, January 26, 2006

What Makes Him Great? - EDGE New York Interviews Rob Kapilow

Kapilow


EDGENewYork.com has just published a feature on lecturer, commentator, conductor and 10-year Celebrity Series fixture, Rob Kapilow. Among the quotes writer Michael Sherrin snared from amongst the high-speed rat-a-tat of Rob's connections and digressions was this about his basic impulse to do what he does the way he does it:

“The first thing was every time I would rehearse the orchestra,
I’d want to stop and do a lecture on the piece,” says Kapilow. “And every time I
would be teaching, I would wish I had the orchestra there to demonstrate. So
it’s always been a feeling that when I would conduct music, that I would always
wish I could turn around and make sure people were getting what it was.”


Read the full text of What Makes Him Great? an Interview with Rob Kapilow here. Rob Kapilow brings his latest installment of What Makes It Great? to Boston on Friday, January 27 when he and the Jupiter String Quartet take on Mozart's Eine kleine Nachtmusik on the actual date of Herr Mozart's 250th birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment