Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Audra McDonald, Blogger!

647audra_mcdonald1web


Here's a fun discovery: Broadway maven Audra McDonald is writing a rehearsal journal on the Metropolitan Opera Guild web site. Here is a brief description from the site:

"Tony Award winner Audra McDonald, who makes her
Houston Grand Opera debut in March singing a double-bill of "La Voix
Humaine" and Michael John LaChiusa's new opera,
"Send (who are you? I love
you)," chronicles the disquieting process of preparing for her first foray
into opera while mounting a new signature piece for the stage."


Here's an excerpt from Audra's journal:

"Went to bed last night convinced that I had some sort of flesh-eating disease
because the outer part of both my ears were killing me. They were completely
sore to the touch. I really had a serious moment of figuring out how to break
the news of my impending doom to Pete when I realized that I had “la
voixitis”: I have been singing for three days straight, with a phone
attached to my ear for three to four hours each day."


Audra McDonald's Rehearsal Journal, still underway, can be found here.

The Celebrity Series is bringing Ms. McDonald back to Sanders Theatre in Cambridge on Saturday, May 20.


No comments:

Post a Comment