Thursday, April 20, 2006

Judith Jamison's Reminiscences

641aileyjudith
Judith Jamison of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater

Ailey is just around the corner (they open at The Wang Theatre this coming Tuesday evening). Susan Daniels spoke with Judith Jamison, Artistic Director of the Ailey company, and Ronni Favors, the company's rehearsal director, in advance of the company's Boston visit. Here is a clip from her Bay State Banner article:



"'I smelled the same smells as a kid growing up in my little house in Philadelphia. My father used the basement as his craft shop. And when I smelled the wood and saw the shine of the stainless steel set, it brought a tear to my eye,' said Jamison, who chose the title, in part, due to her own personal reminiscences."

UPDATE: The link to the article on Ms. Jamison has vanished, I'm afraid. Too bad, it was nicely written and informative. I'll see what else I can find from this season...



No comments:

Post a Comment