Sunday, May 21, 2006

Audra McDonald's song list

Audra McDonald had 'em in the palm of her hand once again at Sanders Theatre on Saturday evening (May 20). Here is the list of songs performed, in order:



1. When Lola Sings
     (written for Audra McDonald by Michael John La Chiusa)
2. Medley: It Might as Well Be Spring/Hurry It's Lovely
3. Stars and Moon (from Jason Robert Brown's "Songs for a New World")
4. Bill (from Jerome Kern's "Showboat")
5. Beat My Dog (Jay Leonhardt)
6. I Double Dare You (Jimmy Eaton)
7. Will He Like Me?
     (from "She Loves Me" by Jerry Bock and Sheldon Harnick)
8. Can't Stop Talking About Him (Frank Loesser's "Let's Dance")
9. My Stupid Mouth (John Mayer cover)
10. Glamorous Life
     (from the movie version of Stephen Sondheim's "A Little Night Music")
11. I Wanna Get Married (Nellie McKay)
12. Hosing the Furniture
     (written by Jonathan Larson for the unproduced musical
     "Sitting on the Edge of Tomorrow")
13. Cradle & All (Ricky Ian Gordon)
14. I Won't Mind (from "The Other Franklin," music by Jeff Blumenkrantz)
15. The Christian Thing To Do
     (written for Audra McDonald by Michael John La Chiusa)
16. My Book (written for Audra McDonald by Jeff Blumenkrantz)
17. Tom Cat Goodbye (Laura Nyro cover)
18. The Man That Got Away (Harold Arlen)
19. When Did I Fall In Love? (from Jerry Bock's "Fiorello")


Encores:
Ain't It De Truth (Harold Arlen)
I Think It's Going To Rain Today (Curtis Stigers/Randy Newman)


No comments:

Post a Comment