Monday, August 21, 2006

Hilary Hahn has an IM chat with The Boston Globe

Hahn_1 
Violinist Hilary Hahn presumably waiting for an electronic instrument delivery



Michael Hardy of The Boston Globe had an AOL IM chat with violinist Hilary Hahn last week in advance of her BSO/Tanglewood appearance. Here's a wee sample:



Hahn: ...Hang on one sec, someone knocked at my door.



Globe: Sure.

Hahn: The hotel just delivered an electronic keyboard! Hooray! I can practice in my room! I'm trying to get back in touch with piano but I like practicing in my room in general. Which is difficult with piano.


I include this clip not so much to inform as to give me the opportunity to ask, "Electronic keyboard? What hotel is she staying in?" Seriously, though, it is a nice chat with an interesting young performer who is on many a radar screen already and will eventually be on everyone's radar screen (assuming they have a radar screen). Hilary will be in recital at Jordan Hall on January 12. I'll have info on the program when it becomes available.

And here's the online journal Hilary talks about in the article.



No comments:

Post a Comment