Monday, January 15, 2007

Hilary Hahn plays challenging program plus two encores

Hilary Hahn wowed her Celebrity Series audience on Friday night with what I can only describe as a knuckle-buster of a program (I leave the nuanced language to the professional nuancers) which, to this listener's ears, was delivered in a warmer - dare I say, more mature - fashion than her previous Celebrity Series recital (which was excellent as well). And by this I don't mean to convey some ham-fisted "our little girl has grown up" assessment, I just feel there has been a lot of real development taking place over the last two years (the wildly enthusiastic audience seemed to concur). Of course, if you were present you will correctly trust your own judgement, and if you weren't present, well, there will be a Globe review.



Here are the two encores she played:



1. Paganini, Cantabile

2. Dinicu/Heifetz, Hora Staccato



No comments:

Post a Comment