Monday, April 16, 2007

Karita Mattila encores

Karita Mattila brought a lot of charisma to her Jordan Hall recital on Friday night. She is the sort of performer that clearly engenders great loyalty - ticket holders flew in from as far away as Kansas City and San Francisco for the recital. Mattila didn't disappoint them.



Here three encores, delivered with much flair for the enraptured audience were (using the English translations):



1. Dvorak, "Songs My Mother Taught Me," from Gypsy Songs



2. Sibelius, "Spring is Flying"



3. Gershwin, "The Man I Love"



1 comment:

  1. I actually flew in from Paris, where I'm studying this year. I planned a lot of other things during this 10-day visit back home, but it was all built on attending this recital. Please bring her back as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete