Thursday, January 10, 2008

Willie Arthur Smith's Marching Cobras

You can see a lot of things when you walk to work (OK, so I took the T for most of the trip, but I did walk a little) and often those things will make you feel terribly out of shape. I had just such a morning this morning when I encountered Willie Arthur Smith's Marching Cobras of Kansas City, MO (web site) near the corner of Boylston and Tremont Streets. The stamina they exhibited went beyond youth to a place of extreme human tests, like some (wicked) funky version of Mao Tse Tung's Long March - with sequins. Without knowing anything about you, gentle reader, I can tell you that they made anything YOU did this morning look halfhearted. The pics don't do them justice, but I have to share:



Wasmithcobras01_2

Wasmithcobras02



Wasmithcobras03



Wasmithcobras04



Wasmithcobras05





1 comment:

  1. That combination limbo/sun salutation/1/2 bridge while holding scepter move seems damn near impossible.
    I suspect photoshopping.

    ReplyDelete