Thursday, February 28, 2008

BUSTED!

Received this righteous blast this morning from a patron on our e-mail list.



"Your message states 'It might seem a little like United Kingdom month at the
Celebrity Series, what with the Camerata Ireland, The Royal Scots
Dragoon Guards , and The Chieftains all scheduled. Even the bluegrass
family band Cherryholmes is known to do a bit of Irish step dancing in
their show.'
HOWEVER, IRELAND IS NOT PART OF THE UNITED KINGDOM!"



Oh, Maureen, you are so right. I was a fool when I wrote that Ireland is part of the UK - forgive me Paddy Moloney!  - and I'm a red-faced fool now. Thank you for calling me out. I only hope the good folks at O'Connor's will still serve me my bangers and mash with a smile.



No matter what I said, Cherryholmes does do some mean Irish step dancing, which is extraordinary when you consider they are originally from California (which is not part of the UK, by the way).



No comments:

Post a Comment