Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Back in the saddle, and not a moment too soon

Hello, again, friends! I'm back from vacation, and like most of you my batteries are recharged, yet I still wish I was on vacation. I did not forget about you or this blog while on vacation. For example, while in New York's Finger Lakes Region, I diligently explored the performing arts scene, including noted venues like Trumansburg's Rongovian Embassy to the USA (see below).

RONGO2 


Jordan Hall it ain't, but does Jordan Hall serve Tex Mex entrees and Yuengling beer (yet)? Well, all right, then.

In any case, things are getting underway here (by things, I mean, of course, ticket sales). This coming Monday, September 8 is the big day (second only to the launch of the subscription season in the Spring) when the general public gets its first shot at thousands of seats in venues all over Boston for over 60 performers (but who's counting?). You'll be able to buy tickets by phone: CelebrityCharge: (617) 482-6661, or online at www.celebrityseries.org.

Our season begins on October 3 with a celebration of pianist Leon Fleisher's 80th birthday by Mr. Fleisher and an assemblage of several of his most accomplished former students.



1 comment:

  1. Now those are beautiful children. Give each one a Yeungling.

    ReplyDelete