Monday, September 15, 2008

Hilary Hahn's Schoenberg video birthday sleepover tribute channel




"Well, Mr. Schoenberg, make a wish"

Violinist Hilary Hahn, inspired by a group of youngsters who attended one of her concerts as part of a sleepover, has created a video tribute channel on YouTube in honor of the composer's 134th birthday (134th? Hahn didn't want to be too "symmetrical" with her dates).

Here is the video channel she created. It launched this past Saturday.

Here is Hilary's explanation of the project.



1 comment:

  1. Hi,the most obvious features of Hahn performance is steability,It seems that you will never make mistakes. I also beleive that your music comes from heart,you do not chase forms only. I like the style you knead the strings,the tremolo make me comfortable. Now, I usually play my violin along with your CD(bach concerto,unAccompaniment,and the village). for some easy music,I played as good as you, for difficult ones, you are better than me!
    Another thing,when you play "old concerto"(many violinist had played),maybe you can draw lessons from them. But when you play THE VILLAGE,you have to image the sound effects by yourself,and develope your skill in your own way to create a convincing music.I want to know what did you think(design the all details of the whole music) when you prepare for the film music which was totally new for you?
    I also play jazz music, do you like that? That's a different way.
    above is my comments for hahn.
    Thank you!
    Dear Yang Nan,
    I will pass along your comments to Ms. Hahn as best I can. In the meantime, you can reach her management at this address:
    http://www.imgartists.com/?page=artist&mid=1&id=205

    ReplyDelete