Monday, February 6, 2006

Ethiopia in Somerville - UPDATE

UPDATE: This event has been postponed due to imminent threat of inclement weather. The new date is Sunday, February 26 at 4pm. RSVP is still requested as space is limited.



I received this item today from Russ Gershon, the leader of the Either/Orchestra, whose concert last week with his band and three Ethiopian guest musicians at the Berklee Performance Center was a rousing success:



"People ask me questions all the time about Ethiopia, Ethiopian music, and related topics.  I don't consider myself an expert, but I do know more than most people 'round these parts.  So, with some help from the Somerville Arts Council, I've decided to invite anybody who wants to come to my studio this Sunday, February 12, at 4 pm, to listen to some Ethiopian music, talk about it, look at some photos from the E/O's trip to Ethiopia.




We should run from 4 to about 5:30, and here's the address:






Somerville MA 02145 USA

You must RSVP to
russ@accuraterecords.com - attendance is limited.
-Russ"


The program is supported in part by a grant from the Somerville Arts Council, a local agency supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.


No comments:

Post a Comment