Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Reverberate Hills on Mozart Dances

I'm always glad when The Reverberate Hills; or the Apotheosis of the Narwhal blog crosses paths with topics of Celebrity Series interest. It gives me an extra incentive to recommend this particularly well written blog. A post from today featured a typically thoughtful take on the San Francisco engagement Mark Morris's Mozart Dances, plus some cogent thoughts on other Morris works and Mark Morris himself. The post wraps up with a bit on Mozart's opera Il Re Pastore, performed by Philharmonia Baroque at First Congregational Church in Berkeley; the cast of which featured former Celebrity Series Boston Marquee artists Lisa Saffer (Judith Gordon, January 2001) and Margaret Lattimore (March 2003), as well as soprano Heidi Grant Murphy, who will perform with the St. Lawrence String Quartet on November 18.



Read See Music.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm the guy who writes The Reverberate Hills. I just want to thank you for your kind words and for linking to my blog. I don't know how long you've been reading it, but as you may or may not know I used to live in Boston (until I moved back home in '92 -- still a Red Sox fan though) and I was a long-time subscriber to what used to be the Wang Celebrity Series (and then the Bank of Boston Celebrity Series). All those performers I mentioned in my Pavarotti post -- Pavarotti himself, Anna Russell, Horowitz -- along with many more, were people I saw thanks to the Celebrity Series. So I had an extra thrill when I stumbled across your posting. Thanks!
    Patrick Vaz

    ReplyDelete