Thursday, December 20, 2007

Jonathan Papelbon turns in his dog

Snowsox
Snowman from my yard symbolizing the coldest hot stove on record

I ask you, what's a performing arts oriented blog without a Red Sox posting thrown in every now and then? For those of you who don't care - and I know you're out there (are you listening Denver?) - Soho the Dog has some smartfunny posts on Christmas carols that are sure to please (plus, he sells t-shirts to promote his blog and gives the proceeds to charity). This won't take long.

Today's headlines brought some Papelbonia, and this time of year, with the coldest hot stove this fan can remember, I'll take it! Today's story on Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon and what happened to the final-out ball of the 2007 World Series just takes the cake. My question is, why did the Doug Mientkiewicz (men-KAY-vich, remember?) version of ballgate annoy just a little while Papelbon's antics are just funny? No, really, I'm asking...

Still, I and others agree that the mutilated baseball would make an interesting display in Cooperstown.




No comments:

Post a Comment