Thursday, December 6, 2007

Vienna Vegetable Orchestra, veggies on the march!

Vienvegorch_2
It's become clear to me, as I'm sure it will to you, that plants are making a power play. It started with the whole, "veggies are better for you" thing, and then it was hemp clothes, biodiesel and making hypoallergenic latex out of guayule. Now its extraction of lipid components from seeds of perennial and woody hibiscus species by supercritical carbon dioxide. But I digress...

Enter the Vienna Vegetable Orchestra. Vegetables aren't satisfied with dominating every other aspect of modern life, now they're coming after the performing arts! I submit this video as evidence.

It's not animation, it's not (only) a joke, they really do make and play instruments out of vegetables - and they're remarkably good at it, if you ask me.



Just so you don't think I'm mocking the hard work of others...
If you really do want to read about the Purification of Hypoallergenic Latex from Guayule, visit this link. If the Extraction of Lipid Components from Seeds of Perennial and Woody Hibiscus species by Supercritical Carbon Dioxide is more your style, visit this link.



No comments:

Post a Comment