Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Misstropolis Ailey contest winners

T_4_004_R  

The good folks at Misstropolis hosted a short essay contest amongst readers with the winners receiving tickets to next week's Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater 50th Anniversary Celebration at The Opera House, and they were good enough to share the winning entries with us:

"Just a quick note to enter your contest for tickets to Alvin Ailey. We're not terribly graceful in our family. Both of our girls tried dance but just didn't have the right physicality for it. Still we've encouraged them to love dance by making a family tradition of seeing the Urban Nutracker and other performances. And our kids, now adolescents, continue to grow in their body confidence through the sports they've come to love: soccer and martial arts. We parents are also huge fans of Sweet Honey in the Rock and seeing them with Alvin Ailey with our kids would give us a glow that would last for weeks, and years of memories. Hope you'll consider us when you do your drawing."

"I just got the Misstropolis email and I am very excited about this opportunity. I started dancing when I was three years old (my mother put my sister and I into dance lessons) at a very young age. I really believe that our dance preparation and lessons on a weekly basis lead us to be who we are today. I obviously have a strong passion for dance due to my long standing involvement in the dance industry. Although, I think that daily lessons, consistency from dance and expression lead people who have that background to live successful lives. The values you take away from your instructors, the friendships, and the passion for health and exercise live with me today. I go to Alvin Ailey every year, it is a tradition for me and my sister...I would love to win this prize!"

"Here is why I would LOVE to win the Alvin Ailey tickets.  I have seen and have been mesmerized by the marketing and advertising for this amazing group of dancers.  For whatever reason, I have never been to see them in person.  The fluidity of their dance and strength of their bodies, but used in such a manner of grace and elegance is nothing short of amazing.  a second reason would be that I would love an excuse to go on a date with my tween daughter and inspire the arts within her soul as well(although i beleive there is a spark there already!)"

"Watching the Alvin Ailey dancers celebrate life, dance, passion, love and the human form would bring me such joy. Seeing them would add a much needed element of hope and celebration during these difficult days.Thank you for considering me."



No comments:

Post a Comment