Monday, March 6, 2006

I Musici is Industrial Strength

Imusicipre_1
OK, so I missed the rehearsal . . . and the sound check . . . but the empty stage (above, caught by my trusty roving Canon PowerShot S410) just before I Musici took the Symphony Hall stage Sunday afternoon (March 5) is more or less illustrative of one of the points Richard Dyer (of The Boston Globe) made in his review of the performance:



"The Italian string players, all male in the current configuration, provided something more than a mere backdrop, and then gave a lively large-scale account of the ''Serenata notturna," which sounded industrial strength, although there were only 12 players."



They are a small ensemble that can produce a great big, old-world sound.



Read the rest of Soloists Add Flare to I Musici's Return.



No comments:

Post a Comment