Friday, October 26, 2007

Boston Globe: Sean Curran, "stepping to a new level"

802curranaria05web   
Members of the Sean Curran Company in Aria/Apology



Valerie Gladstone surveyed what's new with Belmont, Mass. native Sean Curran and his Sean Curran Company for today's Boston Globe. The Company opens tonight for a run through Sunday at the Tsai Performance Center. Here's a smidge to whet your appetite:



"I'm moving into a new period," Curran says. "I'm no longer a colleague of my dancers; I'm the boss. I look kind of funny when I dance with them, so now I only do solos. My new pieces are also very different than the older ones. They're more contemplative, without being any less vigorous and athletic. I jokingly call my new style postmodern Baroque."

Read all of Stepping to a new level



1 comment:

  1. postmodern baroque is a real thing actually,
    both an underground musical and art style.
    Thank you for your comment, djscratch. I appreciate them all, I really do, but "Postmodern Baroque" is an underground musical and art style, "postmodern Baroque" is an incredibly insightful turn of phrase...hee. Seriously, thanks for the comment.
    -Jack

    ReplyDelete